The Recreational Lands Master Plan (part of the county's comprehensive land-use plan), was updated in 2006 by a group of citizen volunteers.
The 147-page report and appendix are provided as PDF documents. These are large documents and may take a few moments to open. You may also view this report by chapter.
The task force’s report is organized into nine chapters:
- Planning Process
- Public Involvement
- Current and Projected Demand for Outdoor Recreation in Clatsop County
- Recreational Providers: Resources and Supply
- Park System Goals, Objectives and Action Strategies
- Definitions and Standards
- County Parks & Recreational Lands
- Park System Financial Analysis
- Recommendations and Capital Projects List for the next 10 years
The action plan is intended to guide the county and its partners as they make necessary long-term planning and financial decisions regarding county parks and recreational lands. The plan is also intended to enable the public to better understand its parks system, take a sense of ownership in it and support the type of improvements proposed in the plan.
Four recurring themes were identified in the planning process:
- Improve the parks
- Connect with the community
- Link the recreational resources
- Fund the parks